Dave's Core Responsibilities
- Preaching and teaching
- Advisor and mentor to staff and Church Board
- Casts vision and provides focus on doing God’s will
Five ways to describe him: Imaginative, friendly, sincere, caring, and compassionate.
What he does for OPCC: Cares for and feeds God’s people.
Favorite thing about OPCC: The warmth and love shared with brothers and sisters. Walking God’s holy ground.
What is his favorite Bible verse: John 15:13, “Greater love has no on than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
What he cherishes: His wife and family; quiet time with Jesus.
Where he learned his stuff:
- To work hard and be content from his parents.
- Discipline from his 28 years of service in the US Air Force
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Colorado
- M.S. in International Relations at Troy University
- B.S. in Bible and Preaching at Johnson University
- Love God and love others from the Word
What makes him cry: Lack of caring. Those who are lost, oppressed, and sick. Disappointing my Father.
What he enjoys: Writing stories and poems; touring National Parks; hunting and fishing with his parents; building puzzles; quality time with our children and their families.
What is his greatest fear: Failing to give my calling to the ministry my all.
What are his hobbies: Hunting, fishing, hiking, astronomy.
His bucket list: Travel Route 66; vacationing in Australia and New Zealand; elk hunting.
What is a life-long goal: Hearing my Father say “Well done my good and faithful servant.”