Tom's Core Responsibilities
- Pray for and strive to discern God's will for OPCC
- Provide Spiritual leadership
- Oversee church business
What he does for OPCC: Teach Sunday School, serve on the Elder Board, and attempt to be an encourager.
Favorites about OPCC: The sense of family we have experienced since our first day here. The spiritual invigoration of being with other believers.
What is his favorite Bible verse: John 3:17, "For Christ came not to condemn the world but that the world, through him, might be saved."
Where he learned his stuff:
- About Jesus' love for me - from my Mom
- To work hard - from my Dad and Mom
- To love others in Jesus name - from my childhood church family.
- To run a business - from my parents-in-law
- How friendship can change a life - from Tim Cronin whose simple friendship radically changed the course of my life.
What makes him cry: A lot more than when I was younger. Stories of lives changed by the power of God through His Holy Spirit.
What he cherishes: My wife Lori and kids, Gerrit and Grace. Health. Time spent in Worship
What he enjoys: Most any activity outdoors, especially if it involves my kids. Observing and contemplating architecture.
What is his greatest fear: Not living up to my potential as a husband and parent.
What are his hobbies: Noticing nature. Enjoying parenthood.
His bucket list: Restore a pre-1950's truck (not pickup) or live to be 100 years old, whichever takes longer. Take a long road trip with my wife.
What is a life-long goal: To know I had a God honoring impact on those I spent time with.